Sectional Garage Door
The Most Common Garage Door Option
Sectional garage doors are the most popular type of garage door installed today. They are easily identifiable by their four to five horizontal panels attached together by hinges. These hinges allow for the door to open and close in a curved fashion. At the end of each panel is a set of rollers housed inside a track system. The track system guides the garage door vertically until curving and resting parallel with the ceiling. Sectional garage doors in Vancouver have many benefits and the contemporary look has made them extremely popular among homeowners.
Sectional garage doors and non-sectional garage doors are two common types of garage doors, each with its own set of characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages. The choice between sectional and non-sectional garage doors depends on your specific needs, budget, and preferences. Sectional doors are a popular choice due to their space efficiency, insulation properties, and aesthetic versatility. Non-sectional doors are simpler and more budget-friendly but may have limitations in terms of insulation and security. When selecting a garage door type, consider your garage’s space, insulation requirements, and how you intend to use the garage. Consulting with a garage door professional can help you make an informed decision based on your unique circumstances.
Advantages of Sectional Garage Doors
You can expect sectional garage doors in Vancouver to have advantages over other types of doors because of their modern popularity. One of the biggest benefits of this type of garage door is its high level of safety. This is due to their higher durability and use of torsion springs. Single-panel or tilt-up garage doors use extension springs which can be dangerous if they fail. Torsion springs do not cause such safety risks when they fail. For this reason, many homeowners look to sectional garage doors in Vancouver for their homes.
Safety isn’t the only advantage sectional garage doors have. You can also expect the following:
- Extremely durable
- Insulation capabilities
- Weather resistance
- Low-cost repairs
- Less maintenance
- Take up less space when opening
- More style and design options
Style and Design Options of Sectional Garage Doors
Sectional garage doors in Vancouver come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. When you begin your search for a new garage door, you’ll notice sectional garage doors come in various colors, materials, designs, and styles. If you can’t find a garage door that meets your personal taste, you can always develop a custom garage door. We work with many manufacturers who offer this option to their customers.
When it comes to selecting what you want in your sectional garage doors in Vancouver, you can expect the following style and design options to choose from:
- And more!
Sectional Garage Door VS. Single Piece Or Swing Up Garage Doors
Sectional Garage Doors:
- Construction: Sectional garage doors are constructed from multiple horizontal panels or sections that are hinged together. These panels are designed to roll up vertically along tracks when the door is opened, allowing them to sit parallel to the garage ceiling.
- Space Efficiency: Sectional doors are space-efficient because they don’t swing out when opening or closing. This means you can park vehicles or store items close to the door without worrying about clearance issues.
- Insulation: Many sectional garage doors offer good insulation properties, thanks to the design and materials used in the panels. This can help regulate the temperature inside the garage and improve energy efficiency.
- Customization: Sectional doors come in a wide range of styles, materials, and colors, allowing for customization to match your home’s aesthetics.
- Remote Control: Most sectional garage doors can be equipped with remote control systems for convenient operation from inside your vehicle.
- Durability: Sectional doors are known for their durability and longevity, as they are typically made from sturdy materials like steel or aluminum.
Non-Sectional Garage Doors (Single-Piece or Swing-Up):
- Construction: Non-sectional garage doors, also known as single-piece or swing-up doors, consist of a single solid panel. When you open these doors, they swing out and up in one piece.
- Simplicity: Non-sectional doors are simple in design and operation, with fewer moving parts compared to sectional doors. This can make them easier and less expensive to maintain.
- Cost: Non-sectional doors are often more budget-friendly upfront compared to sectional doors, making them an attractive option for cost-conscious homeowners.
- Limited Insulation: Non-sectional doors typically have less insulation compared to sectional doors. This means they may not provide as much thermal efficiency, which can be a consideration if you use your garage for temperature-sensitive purposes.
- Clearance Requirements: Because non-sectional doors swing out when opening, they require clear space in front of the garage. This can limit your ability to park vehicles or place items close to the door.
- Security: Non-sectional doors may be considered less secure than sectional doors because they can be more vulnerable to forced entry due to their single-panel design.
Sectional Garage Door Repairs
When your sectional garage door requires repairs, it is critical you receive them as soon as possible. Sectional garage doors in Vancouver don’t need a lot of maintenance, but their repairs require immediate attention. This is due to the many parts that contribute to their function. When a part fails to work properly, it puts strain on other parts of the door. In turn, your garage door takes more wear and tear than it should. So, when you notice a part of your garage door not functioning properly, stop using it and contact our team for 24-hour garage door repair in Portland.
Sectional Garage Door Installation
When you find a sectional garage door that meets your personal taste and your home’s needs, the technicians at Thunder Garage Door & Locksmith Services will install it for you. We know the importance of a professional garage door installation. Our technicians have the tools and experience to install your garage door, so it operates the way it was designed. We handle every part of your installation, including the garage door opener. Once we are complete your garage door installation, be sure to keep in touch with our team for 24-hour garage door repair in Portland you may need in the future.