Why Choose an Insulated Garage Door
An uninsulated garage door doesn’t offer many benefits other than being a barrier to the outside world. Insulation is an essential part of your entire home. It helps keep your home at the desired temperature while keeping cooler or hotter air outside. Without an effectively insulated garage door, your home can suffer rising energy costs. It doesn’t take much for your garage door insulation in Vancouver, but it should be handled by a professional who knows how to do garage door repair service in Portland correctly.
Types of Garage Door Insulation
There are a few different types of garage door insulation in Vancouver you can choose from. The best method of obtaining an insulated garage door is to install a door that comes pre-insulated. They offer the best protection possible against outdoor temperatures. If you don’t wish to tackle that project, our team can install insulation for your garage door. The most common type of garage door insulation in Vancouver and what is found in pre-insulated doors is foam insulation. This insulation is affordable, and the installation process is easy.
The types of foam insulation include the following:
- Spray Foam: A liquid that, when it meets the air, expands and turns into a solid. Installation is cheap and easy but doesn’t offer the best protection.
- Rigid Foam: A lightweight and affordable styrofoam base that comes in three different types:
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS): The most common form of garage door insulation.
- Extruded Polystyrene (XPS): A more expensive option with greater resistance to moisture.
- Polyisocyanurate (polyiso): The most expensive rigid foam insulation with the highest R-value.
Benefits of Garage Door Insulation
Garage door insulation does more for your home than simply keeping it at the desired temperature. Although this reasoning is one of the most important, you can reap the other benefits too. If you want to protect your comfort, your belongings and add some convenience to your daily life, garage door insulation in Vancouver is the right choice.
Here are the benefits of garage door insulation in Vancouver:
- Save Energy: Insulation will prevent temperature-controlled air from being affected by the outside.
- Reduced Utility Costs: As your insulation keeps your home at the desired temperature, your utility costs go down because you don’t have to run the HVAC as often.
- Higher Durability: Uninsulated garage doors are less durable because of the way they are constructed, while insulated doors can withstand more significant impacts or objects that may cause damage.
- Quieter Operation: Insulation absorbs the noise your garage door makes when opening and closing.
- Protects Your Belongings: A temperature-controlled garage will help preserve any belongings inside, such as your vehicle.
- Warmer Garage: A warmer garage is never a bad thing, especially when you use it for something other than storing your vehicle.
An R-value tells us how effective a material is at insulating against heat loss. All types of insulation include an R-value. Every part of the country has an R-value zone assigned. On top of that, each part of your home features a different R-value. For example, your attic has a different value than flooring. For these reasons, we recommend you should go for a garage door repair service in Portland for your garage door insulation in Vancouver. The team at Thunder Garage Door & Locksmith Services will help you select the right R-value for your garage door.
Selecting an Energy-Efficient Garage Door
When approaching a new garage door, it is important to consider its energy efficiency rather than just the design. By proactively looking at this feature in your garage door, you can make a great selection for maintaining your home’s energy efficiency. At Thunder Garage Door & Locksmith Services, we work with a number of manufacturers who believe energy efficiency is an essential quality in their products. We’ll make sure you make the right decision for your garage door, so it performs all the necessary tasks and benefits you in multiple ways.